Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Florida

We had a great time in Florida! McKenzie did great! She was 23rd out of 82 girls, most of the girls that did better than her were still club gymnasts and some had gymnastics scholarships. Kenzie was able to do a release move on the bars called a "pac" which she has not competed for almost 3 years and she did a back tuck, back tuck on the balance beam, again another skill that she has not competed for almost 3 years! It was a great ending to a long gymnastics life!
She had a great time with the other girls from Washington and had fun laying out at the beach and goofing off! She is out the door for her summer job in 11 days, time is flying by!
I also had a great time hanging out with my sister and laying on the beach and eating at Chick-fil- a since we do not have that here in Bellingham! She brought a book for me to read and I brought her a book to read, which was really cool since we did not mention this ahead of time, but we were on a race to make sure we had the books finished before the trip was over and we both succeeded! That is how lazy we were all week!

Only 12 days until Katie and I head off to Haiti!

4 comments:

Jeremy Saunders said...

What a great family pic michelle, everyone looks so grown up from when I first met you! You and Mckenzie are starting to look alike! Although I don't know if I would have worn a shirt that said FITCH on it, it's just too close. But that's mckenzie!

April said...

I have to agree with Mimi, you and Mckenzie totally look alike I was thinking the same thing last Sunday in YW!
Great photo! So do you want to come and take our family picture next!!
April

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! I wish I could have been there. The pic's of Kenzie are awesome. Noelle is very impressed. Cute family pic also.

jenn gent said...

I love the new family pic!

And way to go McKenzie!